What’s In A Name?
Well, in Videa’s case, quite a lot…of mispronunciations!
We’ve heard our name pronounced several different ways, so we sent a couple of market researchers to talk with a group of kids about our name and what, exactly, it is that Videa does.
(Hint – it has nothing to do with hoverboards.)
So, check out our video and then say it out loud – “Vid-ee-ah”!
Backed by Cox, Videa was created to deliver the only live, supply-side marketplace for full-schedule, forward reserve broadcast TV station inventory that can be ordered weeks or quarters in advance.
We come from TV and are passionate about maximizing the value of television. So we built the technology that works the way sellers and buyers transact today, except we’ve built it to also support a more automated sales process that allows for efficient negotiation. Plus, it reinforces order transparency and optimized, station controlled pricing.
We also offer order stewardship services and avails delivered to the buyer in seconds.
Buying and selling media shouldn’t have to be so time consuming; with Videa, it won’t be.
We automate the buying process, not the deal. The station makes its full inventory available for purchase through Videa. Buyers can access automated, full schedule, forward reserve, local inventory is delivered in seconds.
We normalize the traffic, optimize pricing for that inventory and then facilitate the purchase.
Videa can work with any traffic system or demand side buying platform to keep each station aligned with its unique sales strategy. Transactions are based on the media buyer’s criteria and pricing is approved by the station.
Videa has automated the parts of the sales process that are cumbersome – e.g. avails, makegoods and posting. Our technology works the way sellers and buyers transact today, except we’ve built it to also support a more automated sales process. Our end-to-end campaign management system that also happens to allow for efficient negotiation.
We’re not just robots replacing people; Videa’s order stewardship offers human touch points that support:
- Buyer order / station order comparisons
- Ensuring spots run as ordered
- Makegood searches through station inventory and buyer and seller guidelines
- Ratings delivery tracking
Videa simplifies the sales process and lowers the cost of the sale without impacting the value of inventory.
We’ve automated the parts of the sales process that are time consuming – e.g. avails, makegoods and posting while helping stations optimize their pricing using data and analytics – keeping inventory from being undervalued and reducing makegoods.
Plus, by offering full-schedule, forward reserve inventory (not remnant, last minute) to both digital and traditional buyers, we’re driving better results for our partners and helping agencies make smarter, more targeted television buys across platforms, with greater simplicity and transparency.
Videa works across existing sales channels with full order visibility and includes the entire inventory, not just the leftovers, with the ability to schedule up to a year in advance.
Our commitment to TV is to thoughtfully automate cumbersome sales processes, build technology that supports the people within the industry and maximizes the value of television. We offer:
- Full schedule, forward reserve, local inventory. Videa provides full schedule, broadcast TV station inventory that can be ordered weeks or quarters in advance, and avails are delivered to the buyer in seconds. We do not facilitate real-time bidding for less desirable remnant inventory, nor are we retrofitting digital models to TV.
- Order transparency and station controlled pricing. Backed by Cox, Videa is a private marketplace that offers order stewardship services, data-driven yield management with station controlled pricing and purchasing transparency for both sellers and buyers.
- Unmatched scalability. Videa can work with any traffic system or demand side buying platform in alignment with each TV station’s unique sales strategy. Easier local inventory access for buyers will increase demand and equal more revenue for the station.
The way spot TV has been bought and sold hasn’t changed for 50 years. In a technology-driven era and a culture that demands increased efficiency, it’s only natural we demand efficiency with our own industry’s systems and processes.
Buyers need to eliminate some of the time-killers like redundant manual processes and the volume of negotiations and makegoods while still maximizing a client’s investment.
Sellers need a simplified sales process and order transparency without relinquishing full control of their pricing. Manual ratings research and worry over revenue projections take time away from what sellers should be doing… selling.
Videa makes it easier to buy and sell full schedule TV advertising.
Videa’s sell-side platform was built for local TV stations and their station groups.
Videa’s marketplace provides full-schedule, forward reserve broadcast TV station inventory that can be ordered weeks or quarters in advance. Our sell-side solution:
- Automates the buying process – We automate the buying process, not the deal. The station makes its full inventory available for purchase through Videa. We normalize the traffic, optimize pricing for that inventory and then facilitate the purchase.
- Simplifies the sales process – Videa can work with any traffic system or demand-side buying platform to keep each station aligned with its unique sales strategy. Plus, stations can reduce their manual research processes with built-in, data-driven ratings research from Nielsen and Rentrak.
- Minimizes your time to market – Sell weeks or quarters in advance, near real-time. Buyers provide specs and Videa returns the right inventory to buyers in seconds. Plus, we reduce and steward under-delivered weight and makegoods for you.
- Maximizes your value – Videa enables buyers to easily access local inventory increases demand and generates more revenue for the station. Stations sell more local spot TV inventory at scale with approved, station controlled pricing.
We understand it’s common for broadcast groups to have different traffic systems, and historical data can be difficult to analyze since it requires significant cleaning, can span multiple source systems or be difficult to access after a system upgrade.
Videa’s technology collects, transforms, and processes up to four years of historical traffic data – regardless of multiple traffic systems across station groups.
- We securely pull in four years of historical traffic data, using TVB and BXF standards to facilitate usage.
- We then “smooth” the data by removing noise, seasonality, specials and anything out of the ordinary the station ran in order to find a pattern, allowing us to see the TV viewer numbers with more granularity.
- Once the pattern is established, seasonality is added back in and fed into the Videa Inventory Management System.
Agencies can waste over 20% of revenue each year on makegoods. It’s time to get that back. Eliminate many of the redundant manual processes with Videa’s order stewardship. Plus, get optimal campaign results, avails in seconds and transparent pricing right in the systems most buyers use today… seriously.
Advertisements are delivered to the right audience at the right time and agencies pay zero commissions.
You can still buy spot TV for your clients with the targeting, efficiency and effectiveness that digital, network and other mediums offer today, but with added benefits:
- Access to full schedule, forward reserve, local inventory delivered in seconds
- Data-driven revenue management and forecasted station pricing
- Seamless, buyer workflow
- Avails in seconds, not days
- Reduce time spent estimating ratings
- Easily copy previous campaign avail request specs to a new request for ongoing buys
Increase revenue by using data and automation to increase demand of spot TV.
- Easier buyer access to local inventory increases demand and generates more revenue for the station
- Automated, full schedule, forward reserve, local inventory is delivered to buyers in seconds.
- Unmatched scalability that works the way you and other systems do today
Videa helps stations improve their bottom line with optimized pricing and streamlined negotiations. We built this technology to support a more automated sales process that allows for efficient negotiation, plus reinforces order transparency and optimized, station controlled pricing.
Stations can participate in a programmatic buying process without compromising rate integrity or the ability to negotiate; threshold protection ensures inventory is never underpriced and data security helps maintain your competitive advantage.
We offer simplified pricing and can work with any traffic system or demand side buying platform.
Videa’s goal is to increase the value of broadcast television and the reps bandwidth to sell by:
- Automating the parts of the sales process that are cumbersome – e.g. facilitating avails and orders, makegoods and posting
- Helping stations optimize their pricing using data and analytics – keeping inventory from being undervalued and reducing makegoods
Videa isn’t based on a bidding model (RTB) selling remnant, last minute and cheap inventory. Our commitment to TV is to thoughtfully automate cumbersome sales processes, build technology that supports the people within the industry and maximize the value of television.
Over the next two years, we will continue to focus on our commercial platform in order to ensure that we are well positioned for the market needs of the future. The launching of the TV industry’s first programmatic marketplace, our first solution, provides direct access to station inventory and the ability to schedule media buys – up to a year in advance. We’re pleased with the success that we’ve had thus far and look forward to building on this in the months ahead.